The German Archaeological Institut, Eurasia-Department is abbreviated in the following as Eurasia-Department.
1. Collection of dataTo create a Charda-Xplore account, we collect your name, email address, username, and password, your institutional affiliation, your research project, as well as other information you may fill in. In addition, we may collect personally identifiable information through correspondence you send to us. We reserve the right to collect anonymous data of the usage pattern of authorized users to improve the usability of CHARDA-Xplore.
2. Data integrity and use of the informationWe use the personal information collected in ways that are compatible with the purposes for which it was intended to be used: to enable your use of CHARDA-Xplore, to create your CHARDA-Xplore account, to respond to your inquiries, to improve the design of our website. The Eurasia-Department will take reasonable steps to ensure that personal information is relevant to its intended use, accurate, complete, and current.
3. Onward transfer of informationExcept in the following special circumstances, the Eurasia-Department does not sell or share personal information of individual users or their anonymous collected usage pattern:
If required to do so by law or if we believe in good faith that such action is necessary to comply with the law or a legal proceeding, to protect against violations of our Terms and Conditions of Use, or to protect and defend our rights and property or the rights and property of third parties;
4. Your consent and opting outBy using our website and CHARDA-Xplore, you consent to the collection and use, in accordance with this policy, of the information you provide to us. We will remove you and your personally identifiable information from our database, if you contact us with your request (look at 6.). Please note that this will prevent you from accessing CHARDA-Xplore.
5. SecurityWe protect your personal information from unauthorized access and disclosure through the use of passwords, physical security measures, managerial measures. We nonetheless recognize that third parties may obtain access to information through unlawful actions, and thus do not promise that your information always will remain private, despite our efforts and the importance we place on maintaining your privacy. In addition, we do not claim any responsibility for information collected by or from websites linking to or from CHARDA-Xplore.
6. Access and CorrectionIf you would like to review or update your information, you may contact us using the contact information below. We will take reasonable steps to permit you to correct, amend, or delete information that is demonstrated to be inaccurate. You will need to provide sufficient identifying information, such as your name and email address and possible additional identifying information as a security precaution. We may limit or deny access to personal information if we could not be sure of your right identity.
peking [at] eurasien.dainst.de
Last updated on October 12, 2009.